Gluten is a natural protein present in some gluten free grains like wheat, rye, barley, etc. this protein is responsible for the chewy and spongy texture of wheat bread. Due to allergies to this specific protein, some people prefer buying gluten-free bread. But do you know; how it is made? What are the benefits of eating gluten-free bread, and which brand is the trusted one to make this crucial pick for a healthy tussled life?
Here you will answer all these questions.
Gluten-free bread ditches the common grains rich in Gluten like wheat, rye and barley. This bread typically uses four main starches like corn-starch, rice flour, tapioca starch and potato flour in place of them. However, these replacement grains are more likely to produce a very low-fibre product and not fortified with B vitamins, in general.
Is it a compromise in taste?
Gluten-free bread, often considered a tasteless substitute for bread, usually has a bad reputation for being hard, dense, and crumbly. Many products are also low in fibre with large amounts of artificial additives. However, some brands of gluten-free bread in the market offer tasty, nutritious and a great alternative to traditional bread for those who avoid Gluten.
How is consuming Gluten-free bread Beneficial?
Whether you are a patient with Celiac disease or any other individual who wants to shed extra body fat from their body, you may expect plenty of benefits from having a gluten-free diet plan, including gluten-free bread.
- It may bring improvement in your cholesterol levels.
- It helps in the promotion of your digestive health
- It may boost your energy levels.
- It sets you away from unhealthy food items, desserts, junk food and bread made of refined flour.
- It may reduce your risk related to diabetes and or a specific type of cardiac problem.
- It helps in warding off germs and viruses, as all the ingredients used come with vitamins, antioxidants and minerals in good amounts.
- It may facilitate the promotion of weight loss healthily.
- It may bring drastic improvement in the health of people who have arthritis and irritable bowel syndrome.
How should you choose the best gluten-free bread?
With so many gluten-free pieces of bread available on the market, finding one that is nutritious and tastes good; can be a daunting task.
You can choose the best gluten-free pieces of bread based on the following criteria:
- Nutritional content. Choose bread that offers a source of essential nutrients such as fibre, protein, and micronutrients.
- Ingredient quality. Look for products that are not packed with artificial additives.
- Inspection. Every bread must pass the check for medical and business standards.
- Affordability. Some bread comes with an over-priced value. Check and compare before buying any brand.
Types of Gluten-free bread available in the market:
Potato flour bread-
While this bread doesn’t contain as many whole grains or seeds as other options on this list, it’s still a good source of fibre.
This kind of bread has a short ingredient list that includes a mixture of gluten-free flour, whole grains, and seeds, such as flax, chia, and pumpkin seeds.
Rice flour bread-
This loaf is made of whole grain rice flour. It has a limited ingredient list containing other high-quality, non-GMO-verified ingredients, including chia, flax, pumpkin, hemp, and millet seeds.
Tapioca flour bread-
This is made from a base of tapioca flour, brown rice flour, and millet. It’s also free of artificial flavours and colours.is low in sugar and has a good amount of protein — 3 grams
Considering all the factors like taste, nutrition and affordability, ALT. CO. comes with the best and most tested quality bread, which is 100% gluten-free. By buying this fantastic product, enjoy your weight loss journey without worrying about your gluten allergy.